|Xylitol vs Sugar
Xylitol was discovered in Europe, in the late 1800's, but never used extensively until the sugar shortages during WWII, when the Finns began using it. Years later, it was noted that those who used it had better health than those who didn't and this stimulated research, first on the dental effects, later on other health effects. Today, researchers have been studying xylitol for over 30 years, and there have been 1500 published studies. Xylitol is approved for use in more than 35 countries. In the U.S., it was approved with no specified 'acceptable daily intake,' giving xylitol the highest possible safety approval rating with no consumption limits required. In Finland, the government has instituted massive health education programs to educate the public on the enormous health benefits and safety of using xylitol. Xylitol has been used for decades in Russia, as a sweetener for diabetics. In Germany, xylitol is used in solutions for IV feeding. Xylitol is a naturally occurring substance, made commercially from birch trees and corn cobs. The human body produces small amounts and
it's found in some fruits.
EASY TO USE!
- Excellent taste -leaves a pleasant cool feeling in the mouth
- 40% fewer calories than sugar
- Sweetness equal to sugar
Serving size: 1 teaspoon (4 grams)
|Amount per serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Carbohydrate 4 g||1% |
|Sugars 0 g||0% |
|Xylitol 4 g||* |
* Daily Value not established
% Daily Value based on a 2000 calorie diet
Contains no added sugar, starch, salt, wheat, gluten, corn, coloring, dairy products, flavoring or preservatives. Keep tightly closed in a cool dry and dark place. Keep out of reach of children.
Directions: Use as you would ordinary sugar.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Xylitol is good for:
- Reduces carbohydrate cravings and binge eating
- Replenishes glycogen
- Increases utilization of fat
- Inhibits plaque and dental cavities by 80%
- Retards demineralization of tooth enamel
- Promotes remineralization of tooth enamel
- Improves breath odor
- Increases saliva production
- Reduces infections in the mouth and nasopharynx
ATHLETES AND BODY BUILDING!
- Anabolic - keeps biosynthetic pathways open
- Anticatabolic - helps maintain lean muscle mass
- Reduces free radical and oxidative damage
- Increases endurance
- Improves peripheral glucose utilization
- Lowers serum free fatty acid levels
- Antioxidant - generates NADPH
- Glycemic index of 7
- Minimal effect on blood sugar and insulin levels
- Slow, steady release of energy balances blood sugar and insulin levels
- Inhibits yeast, including Candida Albicans
ACUTE OTITIS MEDIA!
- Raises pH in mouth to inhibit growth of bacteria that cause ear and other upper respiratory infections
- Increases absorption of B vitamins and calcium